The Worthley Pond Association is able to protect and preserve the beauty and health of our great pond, thanks to the generosity of its members. WPA members provide support for WPA programs and events through annual membership donations and fundraising events. Join as a new member, or renew your membership today, to invest in our mission to protect and preserve Worthley Pond.
- Bronze: $25.00
- Silver: $50.00
- Gold: $100.00
Worthley Pond Association, Treasurer
PO Box 230
Peru, Maine 04290
Membership donations support the following WPA Programs and efforts:
- Annual water testing and monitoring which has been done since the early 1990’s by Bruce and Sharon Eastman, our pond’s volunteer monitors, and by engaging Scott Williams, an outside consultant, to annually test our water and provide an annual report to the town and the association.
- The ability for members to attend annual lake meetings sponsored by state and private educational groups.
- The Lake Smart Program, which provides matching grant money for Worthley Pond property owners to plant/establish plants near the shoreline of their camp lots to capture phosphorus before it enters the pond water. Learn more
- Invasive plant monitoring, which includes training WPA members to identify these plants and employing people to perform Courtesy Boat Inspections on boats entering our pond at either of our two boat launches.
- Working with the town of Peru to rebuild East Shore Road in an environmentally conscious way so we do not cause harm to our pristine pond.
- Assisting the Town of Peru in upgrading and maintaining the Worthley Pond spring where many campers and nearby homes get their drinking water.
Membership donations also support the following fun WPA Events and Services:
- Welcome Back Social
- WPA Scholarship
- Around the Pond Yard Sale (bi-annual)
- Christmas in July
- Ice Cream Social
- Open Golf Tournament
- WPA Store